Monday, January 28, 2013

I've been waiting...

Church this Sunday was a blessing.  Sometimes I wake up on Sunday mornings tired, and feel like skipping church altogether.  Every time I beat that feeling and go anyway?  I am always happy I did.

God always speaks to my heart in clear ways when a small battle such as tired eyes or busyness is won.

This Sunday?

Hosea.

Hosea 3:1-5-Then said the Lord unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the Lord toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine. 
So I bought her to me for fifteen pieces of silver, and for an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley: 
And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man: so will I also be for thee.
For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.

Why might I post something about a harlot?

Well this scene is actually a beautiful picture of us... and God.

Hosea's wife was a harlot, who left Hosea and their children.  She left them and got into much trouble and lived a life of darkness and sin.

God commanded Hosea to go buy his wife back when she was being sold as a slave.  At this point she had gotten into financial difficulties and was being sold for much less than what a "normal" slave was sold.  Usually slaves were sold for 30 pieces of silver, yet Hosea purchased his wife for fifteen pieces of silver and some barley.

He then said to his wife: "Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man: so will I also be for thee."

This picture of redemption and love on the part of Hosea depicts the love and mercy that God shows toward us. 

We are like the harlot-sinful, wicked, hearts of deceit and violence. 

Yet God?  God is rich and full of mercy and love.  He is ready to draw us back into His loving arms whenever we fall away.  What must we do?  Let Him draw us.



"O Christian, are you sighing under your burdens? Is God not your Father? Go and boldly lay your case before him.

His heart will certainly roll and yearn towards you.

Is it spiritual blessings you want? Spread your requests before him; as he is your Father so he is the God of all grace, and will give you of his fullness; for God loves that his children should be like him."-Voices from the Past

His heart will certainly roll and yearn towards you.

What a beautiful statement.

He is waiting.  Why am I so content to stand afar off, caught up in the crowds on earth?  I should be so heavenly minded that all I can think about is Christ, and going to be with Him in paradise.

That is certainly on His mind.  He is waiting for me, picking me up every time I fall.  How can I not follow after such a One?




"I've been waiting to dance with you
In fields full of colors you've never seen.
I've been waiting to show you beauty
You never dreamed that's always been in you.
I've been waiting to see you tremble as you're embraced
By a world saturated with My love.
I've been waiting for the day when at last I get to say
'My child, you are finally home.'

Sing, O son of Zion,
Shout, O child of mine,
Rejoice with all your heart and soul and mind,
For you are finally home.

I've been waiting to watch you realize
What all your longing was for.
I've been waiting to show you the thread of grace
That ran through all your pain.
I've been waiting to let you drink the water of which
Your greatest joy on earth was just a taste.
I've been waiting for the day when at last I get to say
'My child, you are finally home.'

Sing, O son of Zion,
Shout, O child of mine,
Rejoice with all your heart and soul and mind.
Sing, O daughter of Zion,
Cry out, O child of Mine,
Dance with all the strength that you can find,
For you are finally home.

Every tear you cried dried in the palm of My hand,
Every lonely hour was by My side.
Every loved one lost, every river crossed,
Every moment, every hour was pointing to this day.
I've been longing for this day."

-The Martyr's Song, written by Ted Dekker

2 comments:

  1. I like the thought of His heart yearning towards me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, wonderful, encouraging, uplifting words!
    Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete