Thursday, January 3, 2013

can you imagine life without love?

Some thoughts...

My parents were married at the ages of 26 and 20.  I am 22 years old right now.  Occasionally I worry that I've somehow missed something important and that God might want me to be a nun for the rest of my life.  (Surely life without men is less stressful...right!?) 

Do any of you feel like that sometimes?


Thankfully my fears are pointless because God says that it is not good that man should be alone.  That is why woman was created...to be a help meet for man.

Genesis 2:18-And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Another passage to ease those fears can be found in Ecclesiastes.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12-Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

I think that passage is a great depiction of the strength of a marriage and the strength of a family.


A lesson to learn from this? 

RelaxBe patientWait on the Lord

I spoke with some sweet people today from my grandmother's church...fellow musicians.  While talking about something totally unrelated to my blog, one of these friends told me that we often forget to wait

Time and a lack of patience should not push us into decisions...hasty decisions can lead to mistakes.  Hasty decisions can cause us to stumble.

Psalm 27:14-Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts. Good reminder not to be hasty and to wait on the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Alexandra, waiting is one of our hardest lessons to learn as believers. That is why my life verse has become:

    "Be still and know that I am God." Ps. 46.10

    If we BELIEVE and TRUST in the simple words of that verse (and many like it in Scripture) - we will begin to realize how silly and foolish we are fret and stew.

    The Lord means what He says, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete