Friday, January 11, 2013

worrying empties today of its strength

Today will be a quick update, simply because I sort of feel like I need to put some thoughts down.

I left home to go back to the East coast for school.  School starts Monday.

I am stressed.

Why?

  1. I will begin teaching first thing Monday morning.  I am not ready.
  2. I have a book report (as a grad student?) due next week that isn't finished yet.
  3. I have many books to buy before Monday and Tuesday's classes...some for the classes that I teach.  I didn't have the money to buy them until my loan came through.  Today.
  4. I know that I will be faced with multiple challenges and temptations this week, and I need strength to overcome them.
The only way to get through this list and the many other things I have to do? 

Stop saying "I" and start saying "Him."

That entire list began with "I."

Matthew 11:28-30-Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

He will give me rest.

"In the arms of Your mercy I find rest."-Casting Crowns, "East to West."

Matthew 6:34-Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

I can also take comfort in the fact that when I fail Him, He forgives me, and removes my sins. 

As far as the east is from the west.

 
Psalm 103:11-12-For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Following is a lyric video to a great song by Casting Crowns.  I don't listen to much contemporary Christian music aside from MercyMe, but there are a few Casting Crowns songs that I like, and this is one of them.  It has wonderful lyrics.

 
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles/sorrow, it empties today of its strength.-Corrie Ten Boom 

2 comments:

  1. All so true! And I like your perspective of saying Him, not I. :) And I think that once you jump back into studying you will not be (as) stressed any more. Have fun at the bookstore tomorrow!

    BTW, I love your "her home" Texas Blogger button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A verse I pray every morning and have begun to pray it for you too:
    "Teach me (and Alexandra) Your way, O LORD, and lead me (and Alexandra) on a level path because of my (our) enemies." Ps. 27.11
    Our "enemies" are all the things we allow to take His place in our day.
    Have a lovely rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete