Friday, January 25, 2013

long day?

Ever have a day where you come home completely exhausted and don't want to do anything?  Better...a day that makes you want to sleep through the next 3 days?

I'm there.

I had the opportunity to follow through with another strengthening moment in my life this week.  Another temptation/challenge that had been plaguing me for some time. 

God had been using the Holy Spirit to make me uncomfortable and unhappy whenever I thought of the lingering situation, and He gently pushed me to make a firm decision, despite how hard it seemed at the time.

Instead of prolonging a situation, or continuing in sin for so long before giving it up, why can't I just submit and say "YES, LORD," immediately? 

Because I am a sinner.

Jeremiah 17:9-10-The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?  I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Sometimes I feel weak and tired.  I lack motivation.

Sometimes I just need strength.

My spirit feels so relieved when a sin is removed.  How is it that I fall so easily into sin in the first place?

Lord, please give me Your strength!

2 comments:

  1. God is good; He is always there for you; He knows you better than you know yourself. What a comfort!
    He has you in His grip!
    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this long day is behind you, and another week of this semester down! Rest well this weekend!

    ReplyDelete