Friday, February 1, 2013

as the hours run away

Well, this was a long week, to say the least.

After this week, I feel that I have passed a few hurdles that will hopefully not present themselves again, and that makes me happy.

Some thoughts...

Do you ever end up on the receiving end of worrisome news?  Several times in a day?

It seems that people are going through so much and February just started today.  We are only one month through this year.  Is this year to be harder than the last?

Strength.  Lord, give us strength to face what comes.

I was talking with a friend last night.  His family is in a troublesome period of their lives.  There is nothing to do but pray for them, but it is difficult to be there for people who are shouldering such burdens.

My family is struggling and must move from the house they currently live in.  One month to pack and move.

Can I do anything for either of these situations?  No.  All that I can do is pray and support them.

I know on this side of heaven I will never understand God's dealings on earth.  I am, however, reassured that God is with us.

John 15:18-20-If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Romans 8:31-What shall we then say to these things?  If God be for us, who can be against us?

Though we face trials and pain on earth, Jesus endured it before us.  He will never give us more than we are able to bear.

1 Corinthians 10:13-There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

That verse speaks especially to me, as I felt before that I would not be able to win the battles I was facing. 

Those battles are now behind me, and though it was difficult and I faltered, God brought me through with minimal wounds.


So will God bring my family and friends through these trials.  God uses fire to mold us into something more beautiful.  Fire to bring us closer to Him.  His refining fire.


Job 23:10-But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

1 Peter 1:3-7-Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah that His strength got you through some hard times this week!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strength definitely seems to be a great choice for your word. :) Encouraging words...

    ReplyDelete