Sunday, February 10, 2013

God never moves without purpose or plan

God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying his servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long
In darkness He giveth a song.

O rejoice in the Lord,
He makes no mistake.
He knoweth the end of each path that I take.
For when I am tried and purified,
I shall come forth as gold.

I could not see through the shadows ahead,
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day,
Then peace came and tears fled away.

Now I can see testing comes from above,
God strengthens His children and purges in love.
My Father knows best and I trust in His care,
Through purging more fruit I will bear.

O rejoice in the Lord,
He makes no mistake.
He knoweth the end of each path that I take.
For when I am tried and purified,
I shall come forth as gold.

--O Rejoice in the Lord


A beautiful song that we sang in church today. 

I think I will just post some things that spoke to my heart this week. 

 
Following is another song that fits perfectly with my life, and my family's lives.



Still my soul, be still,
And do not fear though winds of change may rage tomorrow.
God is at your side; no longer dread the fires of unexpected sorrow.

God, You are my God,
And I will trust in You and not be shaken.
Lord of peace, renew a steadfast spirit within me to rest in You alone.

Still my soul, be still,
Do not be moved by lesser lights and fleeting shadow.
Hold on to His ways, with shield of faith against temptation's flaming arrows.

God, You are my God,
And I will trust in You and not be shaken.
Lord of peace, renew a steadfast spirit within me to rest in You alone.

Still my soul, be still,
Do not forsake the truth you learned in the beginning.
Wait upon the Lord, and hope will rise as stars appear when day is dimming.

God, You are my God,
And I will trust in You and not be shaken.
Lord of peace, renew a steadfast spirit within me to rest in You alone.
 
-Still My Soul, Be Still
 
 
Despite hard circumstances where we feel as if there is no guidance, we can be reassured that God is with us.  He is on our side.  We can rejoice in our circumstances because through purging we bear more fruit for Him.
 
God guides the eagle through the pathless air.
 
If He guides the eagle, how much more will He direct our paths?
 
 
Even in storms God is by my side.
 
Mark 4:39-40-And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still.  And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
 
Psalm 91:1-7-He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night: nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all these beautiful, encouraging texts and quotes!

    When God said, "My ways are not your ways nor are My thoughts your thoughts," He meant it, didn't He? (smile...)

    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great! I love the song y'all sang in church today. And Still, My Soul Be Still! Thanks for the reminders tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete